DescriptionIn this Tetris-style game, you play as Dr. Mario, who must drop differently coloured pills onto viruses to remove them from the bottle. Each pill is split into two, with each side being of one of three different colours, red, blue or yellow. Align three pills of the same colour to a virus of the corresponding colour (or any combination of pills and viruses totaling four or more) and it will be removed from the bottle, along with the aligned pills. The level is cleared when there are no viruses left, and the game is over when the pills reach the top and Dr. Mario can't drop any more pills.
Included in the game is the normal mode, a time trial, and a two player battle mode to see who can remove the most viruses.
- "Virus" -- Working title
- "ドクターマリオ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Classic NES / Famicom Mini / NES Classics releases
- Dr. Mario series
- Dr. Mario variants
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Genre: Falling block puzzle
- Mario games
- Nintendo Power games
|Tetris leveled up!||Pixelspeech (949)|
|Best mindless entertainment game since Tetris.||Multimedia Mike (18028)|
|A classic puzzle game which still remains enjoyable today||Jon Collins (28)|
|Nintendojo||2003||10 out of 10||100|
|NES Archives||Mar 22, 2008||A-||91|
|1UP!||Dec 06, 2001||90 out of 100||90|
|NES Times||Feb 15, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Video Games||Sep, 1991||83 out of 100||83|
|Game Freaks 365||2005||7.6 out of 10||76|
|neXGam||2002||6.8 out of 10||68|
|The Video Game Critic||Aug 21, 2010||B-||67|
|Play Time||Jun, 1991||65 out of 100||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesDr. Mario appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- Game Informer
- August 2001 (Issue #100) - #76 in the "Top 100 Games of All Time" poll
Related Web Sites
- Classic NES Series for the Game Boy Advance (Covers the line-up of the new Game Boy Advance series of NES Classics.)
- Dr. Mario (Official site (SNES))
- Dr. Mario (Official site (Game Boy Advance, Japanese))
- Dr. Mario (Official site (Game Boy))