Duck Hunt (NES)

3.3
Written by  :  DANIEL HAWKS ! (1910)
Written on  :  Sep 30, 2008
Platform  :  NES

read more reviews by DANIEL HAWKS !

Summary

Ruff ruff ruff!

The Good

Ahh...what can you say against Duck Hunt ? So many memories. Like not letting your sister have the zapper after an hour. Ahh... memories. But how could you not put it down? It's great arcade action! And extremely addicting!

Story

You start the game, your hunting dog sniffs around, barks, and jumps into the grass and starts chasing out ducks.

Gameplay

The gameplay is very simple. Just point the light gun at the and shoot ! You only get three shots to get a duck that flies up on screen. Shoot too many times, or miss and it'll fly away. And then we all know what happens next. Your trusty dog pops out of the grass and laughs at you. I personally think it's kind of funny. He also holds up the ducks you shoot.

The real challenge of the game is increasing speed of the ducks, and your aim. If you're a lousy shot, you won't get very far. I got almost all the way to 22,000 points.

If you get tired of shooting ducks, you can always shoot clay targets! Yes, there's another game included ! It's at the bottom of the selection screen. It's slightly more challenging than the ducks. One cool aspect is you can shoot a target when it's really far away.

Oh yeah, and you have to use the Zapper gun with this game. There's only one downside though, but I'll get to that later. It's far better than using a controller.

Sound

The dog barking, the ducks, and that little chord that plays when you shoot a duck. Oh yeah, and the dog laughing at you. There's some music at the title screen, but it's not very memorable. And that's it more or less.

Control

There's actually no control at all (unless you use cheats.) When you pull the trigger on the zapper, if you hit a duck, it registers it as a hit. It's only as accurate as your aim, so you can't say it cheats (Ha ha! You stink !)

The Bad

Control

The only downside as far as I can see is the need of the Zapper gun. You see, it works with reflection. That was no problem with old glass screen TV's, but today's flat screen TV's won't work with it. I know, I've tried. Other than that I have no complaints !

The Bottom Line

This is a great game for all ! If you read the review, I'm not sure how to convince you to try it, but you'll love it if you do !