The Legend of Zelda (NES)

Written by  :  Daniel Allen (15)
Written on  :  Apr 16, 2007
Platform  :  NES
Rating  :  3.83 Stars3.83 Stars3.83 Stars3.83 Stars3.83 Stars

read more reviews by Daniel Allen

Summary

One of the best games for NES

The Good

The game features many cool things: a large world, a good selection of weapons, a variety of enemies to fight, and fairly large dungeons with cool bosses.

I remember spending a large amount of time in front of the TV playing this game. It came with a map, so that was helpful in navigating in the game.

Pretty much this game is a "old man's game." By that I mean most of the us who played this game as a young child are currently in the 20s and early 30s. So when we play this game, we sort of put a smile on our face and remember the days when we were playing this game.

The Bad

The only issue was that you spent a lot of time wondering around since it was a tad bit hard to determine where you are going since the world was fairly large.

The Bottom Line

We have a semi-generational gap between current gamers and gamers who were around to play NES games. It would be truly a great thing if a modern gamer can take this game and appreciate all the fine qualities of the game without taking into context of the graphics and limited freedom compared to games in the last 5-10 years.