Little League Baseball Championship Series (NES)

Little League Baseball Championship Series NES Title Screen

MISSING COVER

Sport
4.3
Written by  :  Feem (45)
Written on  :  Feb 17, 2004
read more reviews by Feem

Summary

Best baseball game to grace the NES

The Good

The mechanics of gameplay are far superior to any other 8-bit baseball game. Everything from the bunting game to the frequency of homeruns is very well done. You can slide to catch balls, steal bases, hit and run, cheap bunt, and when Smairtgo bats, watch out. Bruce Adam is also amazing.

The Bad

There really aren't any things about this game that I DISLIKE. It has quirks like if you throw a ball to a base when you're too close to it, it sort of goes through the fielder and into the outfield. If you're that close, the game makes it easy to run to the bag anyway. But if you're like my brother and me, you'll enjoy exploiting this aspect of the game for fun.

The Bottom Line

It's a game based loosely on the little league world series. It has teams of varied stats of which Italy is by far the worst. The gameplay is phenomenal and the names of the team members are hilarious. You have players like August, Wilbur (Wild Boor), Rupert, Conrad, and a host of Bruces. There are three builds of player - the fats, the shrimps, and the talls. You can even mod the rosters of a few teams to have only all fats, all shrimps, or all talls in your entire lineup.

WATCH OUT FOR ESAKA!