Rad Racer (NES)

Written by  :  Kevin Scott (2)
Written on  :  Dec 27, 2003
Platform  :  NES

read more reviews by Kevin Scott

Summary

Warning: Imagination Required!

The Good

See my "description to others" below.

The Bad

I guess if I have to pick one thing, it's that it doesn't have more levels on it.

The Bottom Line

So this game doesn't have all the bells and whistles (and the 1 trillion-bit technology of PS2 or X-Box), but that's what makes this game awesome. It's beauty is in it's simplicity; it harkens back to a simpler time when the world was not about keeping up with the Joneses, but rather having a good time with what you had. This game, hands down, is the best racing game of all time. I remember staying up all night with a (late) buddy of mine and his little brother playing this game with Motley Crue playing on the stereo (a CASSETTE/radio stereo, no CD player anywhere around), and it was, quite frankly, one of my fondest memories. My girlfriend still has a Nintendo system, and guess what game I bought this past Christmas? Yep, Rad Racer. It still holds me in its grip the same as it did on that night all those years ago. And that, fellow gamers, is what makes a classic.