Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warpship (NES)

Also For
3.2
Written by  :  Weston Sharpensteen (32)
Written on  :  Jul 02, 2011
Platform  :  NES
read more reviews by Weston Sharpensteen

Summary

ASTEROIDS with more to it. Not a BAD game!!!

The Good

The music is pretty good for the NES. It sounds so silent and has a good feel if you are playing in the dark. Like MOST games made by RARE, it shows off the system's graphics quite well. It is bright and cartoonish but still manages to have that space feel. I like it.

The Bad

The controls are awkward to handle. It feels kinda like ASTEROIDS but your ship (or spaceman) will fly all over the place and if you touch a wall you loose health!!!! Speaking of which......

The game's difficulty is absurd. But since this game is made by the brains behind BATTLETOADS, it should come to no real surprise.

What you have to do in the game is collect items and bring them back to the space station for upgrades. But you can only do this with the spaceship. I wish you could do it with the spaceman because he has better controls. To get the spaceman you must have no life left in your life bar. It's really tedious, but it's LOADS better then game-play in that horrid BUBSY 3D (shudders....).

The Bottom Line

No, I don't HATE this game. Asteroids fans will eat it up, but I just find it OK. Horrid? No. Best spaceship game on NES? Not quite.

I'll still stick to Life Force....