Forums > Game Forums > Tales of the Unknown: Volume I - The Bard's Tale > Completed?

Gledster on 12/6/2010 10:59 PM · Permalink · Report

So I'm having a browse down nostalgia street and I remember playing the bards tale on my 286 PC back in the day. I was only young and I got trounced every time. Did anyone on Moby put the time in to complete this classic? If so, can you remember (and share) what happens at the end???

I think this started my love of RPGs that culminated in me losing a whole summer to Planescape Torment!

formercontrib (157510) on 12/6/2010 11:26 PM · Permalink · Report

I mastered it in the late 80s on my C64, damn' that was my first RPG-experience, and it was a great one! :) In my early years i wasn't interested in role-playing games, young and stupid, hehe ;) But it changed my whole opinion and interest, after i finished the first 2 games of the Trilogy, i think i did not finished Part 3, shame over me - i played lots of great RPG....

But i can't really remember what happened after Mangar was beaten. I'm afraid, it was nothing really special :(

Perhaps this walkthrough here, could be of help for you:

http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/bards-tale-1-tales-of-the-unknown/download/89/

Indra was here (20756) on 12/7/2010 3:21 AM · Permalink · Report

Spent most of my time trying drawing maps. Couldn't complete it. Didn't have the manual. So spells were a bit difficult. I did however have the spells from Dragon Wars, so at least some were usable.