Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)

Written by  :  JohnLennon224 (16)
Written on  :  Apr 22, 2009
Platform  :  NES

read more reviews by JohnLennon224

Summary

A lackluster game when it comes to other games in the series, but it's still one of the better games on the NES.

The Good

I like side-scrolling games such as Mega Man and Super Mario Brothers 3, so naturally, I'm going to enjoy a well-designed action game with well-balanced elements, and intense combat(for the most part). The graphics are quite good for a late 80's NES game, but they aren't the best on the system(crisis force comes to mind). The sound is not as great as it was in the original Zelda, but it's still solid nonetheless.

The Bad

Zelda 2's main problem is it's rather difficult game play, especially when it comes to combat. Remember when I said the combat is intense? This is the reason why. Enemies have difficulty patterns to follow, especially the Iron knuckles, Link's sword is WAY too damn short, and most of the magic is only used in certain situations. Again I say, the music isn't as good as the original Zelda.

The Bottom Line

Zelda II is a underrated gem of a game that gets too much bashing just for being a lot different from the original one. It's a solid game that is recommended and very playable, but it's not without flaws, especially where the difficulty is involved. I own Zelda II on Zelda:Collectors Edition on Nintendo GameCube(I play it on my Wii, actually)and I think it's pretty good. One of the better games in the NES library.

***GOOD STUFF***

Really fun combat Excellent mix of RPG elements Decent music