New York Race is game about future racing. Game is inspired by Luc Besson's film "Fifth Element". There are more than 30 high-tech flying machines to choose and pilot (including the notorious Taxi and the cool police car).
There are four different modes available in NYR, the main one being the Championship mode that takes place over four different categories; Qualification, Beginner, Pro and Expert.
Other modes include Single Race, Time Attack and the rather cool Keirin mode, that eliminates the contestant in last place at every checkpoint until the last man remains.
In every race, you can pick up 4 elements which give you an added advantage: Water
- leaves a liquid sphere behind you that slows your opponents down if they hit it, Fire
- allows you to shoot a homing fireball at your opponents, Earth
activates a temporary shield and Air
- gives you a speed boost.
3 Dimensional action allows the player complete freedom of movement on a vertical and horizontal axis.
The races take place on 12 tracks, which can be unlocked by advancing through levels. The tracks are divided into four districts: Jet Set, Middle Class, Seedy District and China Town.
- "Погоня за Пятым элементом" -- Russian spelling (alternative)
- "Погоня за 5 элементом" -- Russian spelling
- "NYR: N.Y. Race" -- Game Boy Color in-game title
- "NYR New York Race: Das Fünfte Element" -- German Title
- "NY Race: 5th Element" -- GBC title
- "NYR" -- Official abbreviation
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
||Nov 30, 2001
||78 out of 100
||Dec 07, 2001
||76 out of 100
||Dec 05, 2001
||73 out of 100
||Jan 18, 2002
||70 out of 100
||Game Boy Color
||Jan 11, 2002
||14 out of 20
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)
||69 out of 100
||64 out of 100
||Dec 28, 2001
||12 out of 20
||Dec 06, 2001
||12 out of 20
||Jan 07, 2002
||54 out of 100
There are currently no topics for this game.
This game is inspired by film Fifth Element, The (1997)
This entry was contributed by tarmo888 (5317)