DescriptionKirby's first DS adventure starts with an evil witch turning Kirby into a ball. You must use the Magic Paintbrush that the witch left behind, which is of course the DS Stylus. You will draw walls to turn Kirby around and block enemy attacks, ramps to make Kirby jump, and straight lines to keep Kirby from falling. Your goal will be to reach the door at the end of each stage to progress through the level.
There are 7 worlds to explore, each with enemies that stand in your way. You can touch Kirby to make him go fast and run down your enemies, or you can simply touch the enemy to stun them, then let Kirby attack. You can copy abilities from defeated foes to use for your benefit like becoming a rock, or a balloon, or even a tire with quick speed. There are many abilities that Kirby can use.
Each stage of the game contains Medals that you swap to get prizes and bonuses in the game. Another Game Mode is Rainbow Run which lets you play through the regular stages again and try to beat them in a certain time and with as little Stylus strokes as possible. The last mode is the Subgames mode, which is a set of mini-games that becomes unlocked through the main game.
- "Touch! Kirby Mahou no Efude" -- Japanese title
- "Quick-Draw Kirby" -- Working title
- "Kirby: Power Paintbrush" -- European title
- "Kirby: Power-Malpinsel" -- German title
- "Kirby: L'oscuro disegno" -- Italian title
- "Kirby: Le Pinceau du Pouvoir" -- French title
- "Kirby: El Pincel del poder" -- Spanish title
- "Kirby: Cursed Canvas" -- Working title
- "タッチ！カービィ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|Forget Yoshi Touch 'n Go! Kirby rolls onto the DS!||Rensch (218)|
|Best use of the touchscreen yet!||Matt Johnson (4)|
|Yahoo! Games||Jun 13, 2005||100|
|Gaming Target||Aug 04, 2005||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Portable Review||Aug 16, 2005||37 out of 40||92|
|IC-Games||Aug 29, 2005||90 out of 100||90|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Oct 22, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|Da Gameboyz||2005||8.7 out of 10||87|
|GameSpot||Jun 13, 2005||8.6 out of 10||86|
|AceGamez||2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Press Start Online||Sep 28, 2005||16 out of 20||80|
|Netjak||Aug 15, 2005||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2005 – Best Dexterity Game of the Year
- 2005 – Nintendo DS Platformer of the Year