New Super Mario Bros.
CompetitionTo celebrate Mario's 20th anniversary, Nintendo Australia ran a competition that anyone who purchased an Australian copy of New Super Mario Bros. could enter. The major prize was a trip for 4 to America to visit the Nintendo World Store with $1000 spending money. There were also twenty runner-up prizes of limited edition "Happy! Mario 20th" T-shirts.
PackagingThe Japanese version of the game was packaged in a special Nintendo DS case - instead of the plastic being black, it was bright yellow.
SalesIn December 2010, New Super Mario Bros. became the first Nintendo DS game to sell over six million copies in Japan. It accomplished this after being on the market for almost five years. It's also the best selling game worldwide for the system, with more than 24 million copies sold in total.
- GamePro (Germany)
- February 01, 2007 - Best Handheld Game in 2006 (Readers' Vote)
- 2006 – #2 Handheld Game of the Year
- 2006 – Nintendo DS Game of the Year
- 2006 – Nintendo DS Game of the Year (Gamers' Vote)
- 2006 – Nintendo DS Platformer of the Year
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2006 - The Official Nintendo Magazine Nintendo Game of the Year
Contributed by MobyGames was killed by GameFly (89481) on Dec 18, 2009. [revised by : 4 other people].