DescriptionPokémon SoulSilver Version is an enhanced remake of one of the second installments in the Pokémon Main RPG Series, Pokémon Silver Version.
Set in the region of Johto, the player controls a new Pokémon Trainer on his/her way to meet up with Pokémon Researcher Professor Elm at his lab to receive his/her first Pokémon. While running an errand for Elm, the player returns to find that a thief has stolen one of the professor's Pokémon. This event starts your quest to becoming a Pokémon master, leading you through the region of Johto and later Kanto, to battle the mysterious Team Rocket and capture all 493 Pokémon.
Along with retaining most of the original game's features, SoulSilver contains quite a few new updates. Like Silver the story will incorporate the legendary Pokémon Lugia (who can be seen on the game's box art), although this time in a bigger fashion. Graphics have been upgraded to 3D models to resemble the series previous Nintendo DS iterations, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. The ability to have any one of your Pokémon following you on the Overworld Screen which was limitedly seen in
Included with the game is a peripheral known as the Pokéwalker. Acting as a pedometer, the Pokéwalker allows you to wirelessly transfer a Pokémon from SoulSilver to it. When there is a Pokémon in the Pokéwalker it gains "experience points" for each step you take. The player also earns a form of money known as "watts", which is used to help catch other Pokémon and buy items.
The game is compatible with the following games via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection: Pokémon HeartGold, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
- "Pokémon: Versione Argento SoulSilver" -- Italian title
- "Pokémon: Version Argent SoulSilver" -- French title
- "Pokémon: Silberne Edition SoulSilver" -- German title
- "Pokémon: Edición Plata SoulSilver" -- Spanish title
- "Pocket Monsters: SoulSilver" -- Japanese title
- "ポケットモンスター ソウルシルバー" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Gameplay feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
- Games made into TV series
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
- Theme: Time Manipulation
There are no reviews for this game.
|Gamers' Temple, The||2010||95 out of 100||95|
|Eurogamer.es||Apr 01, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|Meristation||Mar 23, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|Cubed3||Mar 26, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|Game and Player||Apr 02, 2010||90|
|Nintendo Life||Mar 24, 2010||90|
|Everyeye.it||Apr 01, 2010||8.8 out of 10||88|
|411mania.com||Mar 20, 2010||8.5 out of 10||85|
|PAL Gaming Network (PALGN)||Apr 15, 2010||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Legendra||Feb 07, 2011||80|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
Jul 08, 2010
SalesAccording to publisher Nintendo, Pokémon SoulSilver Version together with HeartGold Version sold 12.72 million copies worldwide (as of March 31, 2014).