DescriptionPokémon White Version along with Pokémon Black Version mark the 5th generation of the main series. This version exclusively features the legendary Pokémon Zekrom. The player's objective, once again, is to collect all of the monsters and become the best trainer in the world. The player and two of his or her best friends get three Pokémon as presents from Professor Juniper, and each has to choose one. These are: fire-type Tepig, grass-type Snivy, and water-type Oshawott. Now a whole new world awaits the player to explore and all-new Pokémon to catch.
This generation marks a few significant changes to the tried formula. For the first time the Pokémon are fully animated during battles, along with new attack and status-change animations. The graphics have been polished and revamped, experimenting with a whole new 3D perspectives in certain areas. There are also two new types of battles: rotation battle in which you can swap between three Pokémon at any given time allowing for more strategy, and 3vs3 battles where three monsters fight alongside and help each other. Implemented are also changing seasons - certain seasons allow for different Pokémon to encounter and make some areas accessible only at a given time.
Aside from the legendary Pokémon to catch, choosing the version of the game gives you the opportunity to visit an exclusive area. The White Version features the green area of White Forest.
- "Pokémon: Weisse Edition" -- German title
- "Pokémon: Versione Bianca" -- Italian title
- "Pokémon: Version Blanche" -- French title
- "Pokémon: Edición Blanca" -- Spanish title
- "Pocket Monsters: White" -- Japanese title
- "ポケットモンスター ホワイト" -- Japanese spelling
- "포켓몬스터 화이트" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
- Games made into TV series
- Games released as complementary versions
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
|Despite the familiarity, it still might be the best Pokémon game ever||Zokolov (66)|
|videogamer.com||Feb 04, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|Hooked Gamers||Mar 22, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|IGN||Mar 04, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|Fragland.net||Mar 20, 2011||88 out of 100||88|
|Game Informer Magazine||Mar 04, 2011||8.75 out of 10||88|
|1UP||Mar 07, 2011||B+||83|
|Brash Games||Apr 16, 2011||8 out of 10||80|
|Jeuxvideo.fr||Mar 04, 2011||8 out of 10||80|
|Level||Nov, 2011||8 out of 10||80|
|RPGFan||Apr 02, 2011||74 out of 100||74|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesAccording to publisher Nintendo, Pokémon White Version together with Black Version sold 15.60 million copies worldwide (as of September 30, 2015).