Advertising BlurbsJewel Case Back - Aliens vs. Predator 2 (Gold Edition) - US:
The anticipated sequel to The Operative: No One Lives Forever, named Action Game of the Year and Game of the Year, continues the adventures of super-spy Cate Archer, pitting her once more against H.A.R.M. and the inevitable threat of global catastrophe.
Available Fall 2002!
Contributed by Patrick Bregger (110035) on May 11, 2011.
The sequel to the award-winning The Operative: No One Lives Forever™ returns you to a world of espionage, intrigue, and dry humor inspired by the '60s spy craze. In her second adventure, British UNITY operative Cate Archer must investigate a super-secret Soviet project that, if successful, could bring about a third world war. Armed with an arsenal of deadly weapons, cunning spy gadgets, and devious traps, you must undertake a dangerous, top-secret mission that will take you to exotic locales like Japan, India, and Akron, Ohio in your quest to thwart H.A.R.M.'s plans for global domination.
NO ONE LIVES FOREVER is a trademark of Sierra Entertainment, Inc. in the US and other countries. A SPY IN H.A.R.M.'S WAY™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Contributed by jean-louis (15146) on Nov 07, 2010.
SIERRA RELEASES NO ONE LIVES FOREVER 2™ 1.3 UPDATE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD
- Added Team Deathmatch and Doomsday MP modes.
- Added ability for hosts to specify score values for tags, frags and other mode-specific actions.
- Added FX to weapon respawn locations.
- Added the Server name and IP to system menu when connected to a remote host.
- Added the server name to client score screens.
- Added the ability for hosts to restrict any weapon, ammo type or gear item from the game.
- Added functionality to select custom mods and resources from the launcher.
- Added a 30 second countdown timer for multiplayer games with a time limit set.
- Increased multiplayer headshot damage somewhat.
- Increased the max deathmatch score limit to 100.
- Increased the max deathmatch time limit to 60.
- Lowered the splash damage radius of micromissiles somewhat.
- Increased the damage and accuracy of the Gordon SMG.
- Removed snowmobile radar icons from deathmatch to reduce radar clutter.
- Fire bolts have been improved! They now cause mild splash damage and leave behind a residual flame that will burn anyone who walks through it.
- Player bodies in co-op mode now fade to searchable backpacks.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game to crash when launching standalone server from within the game.
- Fixed several memory leaks and crashes that were causing instability in dedicated servers and problems with load times in singleplayer.
- Improved singleplayer quickload times by 33-50% (Depending on level).
- Fixed the bug that was preventing the player from automatically un-holstering their weapon after dismounting a snowmobile.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing minimum spec machines from performing well as dedicated servers. Bandwidth limitations still apply.
- Fixed problems with camera rotation after slipping on a banana.
- Coop: Players should no longer automatically fire their weapon after being revived if they were firing when they died.
- Coop/Team modes: Added the ability to remove your revivable body (but the respawn timer remains)
- Hats and other player model attachments should no longer appear before the player is actually in the game.
- Electrical darts now properly display their FX when they hit a surface.
- The T3 and custom bandwidth options for Internet servers now work correctly. Please see the updated serverreadme.txt in your main Nolf2 installation folder for details on setting custom bandwidth.
- Fixed the bug where bananas would "detonate" on bodies and backpacks.
- Players already affected by non-lethal damage cannot be tagged again until 2 seconds after the effect wears off.
- Characters should no longer have weird pitch angles when they slip on a banana or are sleeping.
- Players under the influence of poison, fire and glue damage will animate normally if they fire a weapon.
- Co-op: Players on snowmobiles when a game is saved will be standing next to them in loaded games. This fixes problems with unusable snowmobiles if some players don't rejoin.
- Fixed a bug where zooming out after targeting a player sometimes left the player's name onscreen.
- Fixed a bug preventing joysticks from being disabled.
Keep H.A.R.M from Completing and Activating this Doomsday Device
BELLEVUE, WA (March 12, 2003) - Sierra Entertainment, Inc., a studio of the Games division of Vivendi Universal Publishing, today announced that they have released an update for No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way™ that contains the two NEW multiplayer mods - Team Deathmatch and Doomsday.
The update will be available Wednesday, March 12th, at 10:00am PST/1:00pm EST via the Sierra Update utility included in No One Lives Forever 2.
The 1.3 update includes the following additions:
Contributed by Jeanne (75620) on Mar 20, 2006.
Can Cate Archer stay out of H.A.R.M.'s way?
No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.’s Way is a story-driven first person action adventure featuring Cate Archer, the beautiful but deadly UNITY operative who foiled H.A.R.M.’s last nefarious plot.
Cate must investigate a super secret Soviet project that, if successful, could bring about a third World War. Armed with an assortment of conventional and experimental weaponry and gadgets, players will explore exotic locales, circumvent devious traps, and contend with deadly agents determined to take them out of the spy trade once and for all. Can Cate Archer avert a nuclear holocaust and simultaneously stay out of H.A.R.M.’s way?
Square off against despicable new villains like Ninjas, Mimes and Soviets, and encounter some old foes as well.
Earn experience points for your achievements and improve vital character attributes such as Accuracy, Stealth and Gadget Use.
Overcome obstacles and adversaries with an assortment of cunning gadgets and deadly weapons, such as, Throwing Stars, Vindicator Model 6 Crossbow, Angry Kitty Artificial Feline Proximity Mine, and HR-4 Ladies' Compact Code
Advanced game engine featuring the LithTech Jupiter System, resulting in dramatically improved graphics, higher polygon counts and increased performance.
Focus on stealth based gameplay and a rich interactive environment. Players can lean around corners, disappear into hiding places, and lose pursuers by outsmarting them.
Mission-based Cooperative multiplayer allows up to 4 players to battle it out against complex AI to complete each mission in single-player style gameplay. Play as members
Contributed by Xoleras (66236) on Jun 02, 2004.
YouÂ’ll Never Forget Your Second Time
Cate Archer returns to a world of action, espionage, and dry humor inspired by the Â’60s spy craze. Armed with an arsenal of deadly weapons, cunning spy gadgets, and devious traps, you must undertake a top secret mission that will take you to exotic locales like Japan, India, and Akron, Ohio in your quest to save the world from H.A.R.M.
Contributed by Indra is here (19706) on May 04, 2003.
Arm Yourself For Action
- Intercept and decipher enemy communications with this cleverly designed code breaker.
- Knock 'em out with this stunning eye shadow case that double as a non-lethal taser.
- The Angry Kitty proximity mine will melt your enemies' harts--right before it blows them out of their socks.
- This lipstick applicator hides a spy camera. Just pucker up and shoot.
- Send your enemies into a slumber with a handy canister of sleeping gas.
- Confiscate enemy weapons like this gangster-style submachine gun and use them against your foes.
- This multi-purpose utility launcher is the most flexible tool in your arsenal, accommodating everything from tranquilizer darts to security camera disablers.
- This silent and lethal crossbow is perfect for situations that require finesse over brute force.
- Eliminate enemies from a safe distance with this deadly, silenced sniper rifle.
- Stop your enemies in their tracks with this painful but non-lethal bear trap.
The dastardly villains of H.A.R.M. are back and only one obstacle can thwart their quest for global domination; Cate Archer, the daring super spy who foiled their last nefarious plot. They've summoned the world's deadliest assassins to take her out of the spy trade once and for all. Meanwhile, the United States has uncovered a top secret Soviet project that could bring about World War III. Can Cate avert a nuclear holocaust and simultaneously keep herself out of H.A.R.M.'s way? Find out for yourself in the sequel to 2000's ACTION GAME OF THE YEAR.
Contributed by JPaterson (9147) on Oct 08, 2002.
Cate Archer is a Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way.
- Go in with guns blazing or rely on cunning and stealth to complete a wide variety of objectives.
- Face off against ninja assassins at a trailer park in the path of a tornado.
- Join other operatives online for cooperative adventures against A.I. opponents in specially designed missions.
The sequel to the award-winning The Operative: No One Lives Forever returns you to a world of espionage, intrigue, and dry humor inspired by the '60s spy craze. Armed with an arsenal of deadly weapons, cunning spy gadgets, and devious traps, you must undertake a dangerous, top secret mission that will take you to exotic locales like Japan, India, and Akron, Ohio in your quest to thwart H.A.R.M.'s plans for global domination.
An all-new, advanced A.I. system gives enemies a deeper understanding of their environment. Watch them work at desks or step outside for a cigarette break. Lure them into the shadows by knocking over a bottle or disturbing a wind chime. Evade them as they coordinate attacks to outflank you. You'll need sharp wits and quick reflexes to save the world from H.A.R.M.
Contributed by JPaterson (9147) on Oct 08, 2002.