DescriptionTOAW is the first in a series of wargames released by Talonsoft. The game focuses on historic conflicts (mainly World War 2 and Korea) that lie between army- and battalion-sized engagements. Each unit is modelled individually down to infantry guns, tanks, etc. The game is scenario driven, meaning that there is no campaign where you fight battle after battle. A scenario can last from a couple of hours to several years (in game time). Two graphics modes are available: Top-down and isometric (pseudo 3D). The latter one shows units as "miniatures-like" icons, representing the main type of equipment in the formation. The other mode uses military symbols for representation. The game is played on a zoomable map (2 levels). The game includes weather effects and political events.
All features of the game (units, map, events, etc.) can be edited through the included scenario editor.
There are no promo images for this game
- "TOAW" -- Common abbreviation
- "Norm Koger's Operational Art of War Volume 1: 1939-1955" -- European title
- "Norm Kogers Art of War: Volume 1 1939-1955" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game feature: Hexagonal map
- Historical conflict: Korean War
- Historical conflict: World War II
- The Operational Art of War series
There are no reviews for this game.
|All Game Guide||1999||90|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Sep, 1998||90|
|Gaming Entertainment Monthly||Nov 15, 1998||89 out of 100||89|
|PC Player (Germany)||Aug, 1998||75 out of 100||75|
|Power Play||Aug, 1998||72 out of 100||72|
|PC Joker||Aug, 1998||64 out of 100||64|
|PC Games (Germany)||Aug 05, 1998||48 out of 100||48|
|Power Unlimited||Oct, 1998||4.8 out of 10||48|
|PC Action||Aug 19, 1998||45 out of 100||45|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Computer Gaming World
- April 1999 (Issue #177) – Best Wargame of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Norm Koger's Operational Art of War, Volume I Page (Maintained by the developer of the game.)
- Official website (Description, Requirements, Patch.)
- TOAW-ITA (Italian) (Fan site holding FAQ, general infos, scenarios, etc.)
Game Design & Concepts: