Advertising BlurbsBack of Case - PlayStation 2 (UK):
YOU DON'T LEARN FOR SCHOOL,
Survival horror hits the high school - the first action adventure in the style of American teen slasher movies.
YOU LEARN FOR SURVIVAL.
Tortured screams echo through the high school's deserted corridors. Faceless creatures lurk in the shadows. Five teenagers set out to bring light into the darkness - and experience a night that will scar their souls forever.
Contributed by TechSmurfy (849) on Apr 27, 2012.
- Survival horror: леденящий кровь тест на выживание.
- 5 персонажей, каждый из которых обладает уникальными характеристиками.
- Возможность игры вдвоем или с AI-напарником.
- Мрачная, пугающая атмосфера.
В одной ничем не примечательной школе внезапно и бесследно пропадает студент. Его друзья решают выяснить причины странного исчезновения своего однокашника и отправляются на поиски. То, что они обнаружат, навсегда останется в их памяти, как самый страшный из кошмаров…
Contributed by Klaster_1 (57972) on Feb 10, 2011.
Bizarre events occur at Leaf More High School: disappearing schoolmates, teachers behaving strangely… In an attempt to shed light on these occurrences, five curious students will discover a terrible secret that will endanger them all!
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15550) on Sep 25, 2010.
An atmospheric serving of high-school angst and mystery horror with not a Scooby-snack in sight.
- A unique teen-horror take on the survival horror genre
- Switch between five terrified teens. Each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Team up with a friend for twice the frights in the co-operative mode.
Welcome to the eerie halls of Leafmore High School, where for five students, an after-hours exploration may turn out to be the last decision they'll ever make.
The zombie-infested, survival horror genre gets a shake-up in Ubisoft's teen-horror scream-a-thon. As the five teenagers sneak into the closed school to find a missing friend, they soon discover horrors beyond their wildest nightmares.
This atmospheric 3D survival horror has a gripping "Scream meets The Faculty" storyline and the unique addition of two-player co-operative play.
The five main characters, Shannon, Kenny, Ashley, Stan and Josh, each have their own unique abilities to contribute to the team. Stan for instance is good at picking locks while Shannon is the brains of the outfit, able to provide helpful hints. Choosing the right character for the right situation will prove vital to your survival.
Faced with threats that literally spring from the shadows the teenagers need to arm themselves quickly to survive the lonely hallways. Various items and weapons are scattered around, some of which can be combined through a judicious use of sticky tape!
If you thought your school is scary, just wait until your step through the gates of Leafmore. You have been warned.
Contributed by DreinIX (9417) on Apr 03, 2008.
WHAT HAUNTS THE HALLS AT LEAFMORE HIGH?
Staying late after class takes on a whole new meaning in the first action game created in the style of teen horror movies.
Tortured screams echo through Leafmore High's deserted corridors. Facelss creatures lurk in the shadows. Five teenagers set out to bring light into the darkness - and experience a night that will scar their souls forever.
featuring music by:
SUM 41 & SPAN
unique two-player cooperative mode
Contributed by Corn Popper (69690) on May 05, 2005.
Es begann vor einigen Jahren ... Seltsame Dinge ereignen sich seitdem an der High School der amerikanischen Kleinstadt Leafmore. Man sagt, Schüler würden furchtbare Schreie hören ... Und es gibt Gerüchte, das Personen auf mysteriöse Weise verschwinden ...
- Neuauflage als Best-Of Version zum kleinen Preis
- Survival-Horror der nächsten Generation: decken Sie die
- rätselhaften Schrecken an einer amerikanischen High School auf!
- Sie wählen und wechseln zwischen 5 Charakteren, um die verschiedenen Aufgaben und Passagen von Obscure zu meistern, wer wird überleben?
- Jeder Charakter besitzt unterschiedliche Eigenschaften und individuelle Fähigkeiten
- Gänsehaut und Adrenalinschübe sind dank des neuen Black Aura-Effektes garantiert - Objekte und Wesen verwandeln sich in Echtzeit!
- Im Zweier-Team durch's Abenteuer: neben dem Einspieler-Modus können Sie das Abenteuer auch gemeinsam mit einem Freund bestreiten
- Atmosphärische Licht- und Schatteneffekte sorgen für actiongeladenen Nervenkitzel.
- Um Ihre Überlebenschancen zu erhöhen, lassen sich bestimmte Waffen und Gegenstände kombinieren
- Zahlreiche anspruchsvolle Rätsel sorgen für Abwechslung beim Meistern des Abenteuer.
- Sprache/Text im Spiel : Multilingual
Es ist an der Zeit, diesen Vorkommnissen auf den Grund zu gehen! So beginnt eine Gruppe von Schülern, die beunruhigenden und rätselhaften Vorfälle näher zu untersuchen. Während ihrer Ermittlungen lassen sich die Jugendlichen eines Abends heimlich in der Schule einschließen, um endlich die nächtlichen Schrecken von Leafmore aufzudecken. Shannon, Kenny, Ashley, Stan und Josh erkunden die menschenleeren Korridore und im Laufe der Nacht beginnen sie zu verstehen, welch schreckliches Grauen für den Horror an ihrer High School verantwortlich ist. Doch werden die fünf überleben, um am nächsten Tag auch davon berichten zu können?
Contributed by Xoleras (66152) on Apr 26, 2005.
What Walks the Halls of Leafmore High?
- Teen Horror Movie Setting. All characters and environments are inspired by recent movies and television shows such as "Scream", "Buffy" and "The Faculty."
- 5 playable characters - 5 lives. You are free to play as the character of your choice and change at any point throughout the game, unless one of them dies...
- Single or Team play. In solo mode, your teammates are controlled by A.I. In cooperative mode, a second player can take control of another student.
- Black Aura. Imminent dangers are visible on screen through real-time graphic changes (black aura), intensifying the players stress level.
- Total Freedom of Movement. Character movements are achieved through dynamic camera settings making it possible for players to shoot and move at the same time.
- Physical Interaction with the Environment. Elements in the environment react realistically to players' actions intensifying the feeling of being immersed in a real world environment.
- Light as a Weapon. The presence of artificial or natural light sources increase the vulnerability of monsters and intensifies game play combat levels as players must combine conventional weapons with light for better results.
Survival horror hits the high schools - the first action-adventure in the style of American teen slasher movies.
Tortured screams echo through Leafmore High's deserted corridors. Faceless creatures lurk in the shadows. Five teenagers set out to bring light into the darkness - and experience a night that will scar their souls forever.
Contributed by Jeanne (75589) on Apr 23, 2005.
As many highschools, Leafmore High is no longer the highschool it used to be. Its walls are mouldering, its books are outdated, its teachers have lost their faith...
Following the disappearance of one of their friends, a group of students decide to investigate their high school. This brave step will lead them into a hell they will never forget. But, no matter what happens, they must stick together if they want to throw light on the dark and sordid history of their school.
Play five different students, alone or in cooperation, every one of them having their own special aptitude, and use them wisely to defeat the monsters creeping around.
- Survival Horror of new generation in an american High School in the oppressive scenario of a teen movie.
- Try a "Survival Horror" in a cooperative mode with a team member managed by IA. At any time, you can substitute IA for a second player.
- Choose your characters between 5 students: 5 lives in your hands and 5 different characteristics.
- 3D Highly detailed graphics, dynamic lighting systems, and the " BLACK AURA " effect (Hydravision exclusive) which visually modifies the decors around the creatures in real time that will increase the stress of the player and warn him of imminent danger. Music in Dolby Surround.
Contributed by Jeanne (75589) on Apr 23, 2005.
DreamCatcher Games to Publish Obscure in North America for Windows®, Xbox® and PlayStation®2
Toronto, January 17, 2005 - DreamCatcher Games today announced it has joined forces with MC2 to publish and distribute Obscure in North America. This Survival Horror game will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft and for Windows® in March 2005. In the style of Hollywood’s popular horror movie genre, Obscure tracks a group of five all-American high school students who discover the halls they walk each day are anything but safe from their most horrifying nightmares. A string of mysterious disappearances and unexplained events set the stage for a night more horrifying than any trip to detention...
“A captivating thriller can spark fear in the heart of anyone,” said Byron Gaum, Product Manager for DreamCatcher Games. “But books and movies just can’t compare to the fully interactive scare one will experience when they play Obscure.”
Obscure offers a wide range of gameplay options to see gamers through their night of terror. Players customize their action experience, interchanging between any characters at any time, utilizing the unique skills and abilities of each student. Controlled AI settings of defense, attack and help, allow characters to assist each other during combat and while solving puzzles.
The game also offers single or team play, with a second player able to enter or exit the game at any time for a unique co-op experience. Obscure is also one of the first survival horror games to propose a full cooperative mode. A second character can be played by a second player throughout the entire adventure. Players can worked together to fight monsters and resolve puzzles, adding a new level of challenge to the game.
Stress runs high as players are constantly vulnerable to attack, even when they least expect it! Monsters also face their share of vulnerability when players combine conventional weapons with natural and artificial light, exploiting their weak spots. A “black aura” feature intensifies stress, making dangerous elements visible on screen through real-time graphic effects. To keep the player fully immersed in virtual panic, dynamic camera settings allow for complete freedom of movement, making it possible to shoot and move simultaneously.
Developed by Hydravision, Obscure has an ESRB rating of ‘M’ for Mature. For more information visit the official website http://www.obscure-game.com
Contributed by Jeanne (75589) on Apr 23, 2005.