Description4 in 1 Row is a translation of the Connect Four board game. Two players (Pussycat and Hounddog) take turns dropping colored (red or green) discs in an eight-column six-row grid. The object is to place 4 discs in a row, either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
An strategic indicator number on the right side of the screen, besides each name, will show the chances of each player to get four discs in a row. The higher the number, the higher the chances. If the number reads 125 it means the player is just one move away from winning. The strategic indicator can be turned off by pressing CLEAR.
When playing against the computer, two variations with three skill levels are available:
- Playing against Microcat I, II or III (selected by pressing 1, 2 or 3). Microcat uses a micro-sensor (represented by a μ sign) which will stop over each column calculating its chances. The disc will be dropped where the μ stops. The higher the skill level, the bigger the sensor and calculation times.
- Playing against Microdog I, II or III (selected by pressing 5, 6 or 7) is similar to playing against Microcat (with the skill levels and μ sensor), but the player can also ask for computer assistance on moves. Whenever player's Pussycat appears, pressing 1, 2 or 3, depending on the skill level, will make the PRESS ENTER text appear along the micro sensor. Once pressed, the computer will take over and will continue until the player presses again 0 and ENTER when Pussycat appears.
- "In fila per quattro" -- Italian Title
- "4 på raekke" -- Danish Title
- "4 palloa 1 riviin" -- Finish Title
- "4 op 1 rij" -- Dutch Title
- "4 i 1 rad" -- Swedish Title
- "4 gewinnt" -- German Title
- "4 en 1 ligne" -- French Title
- "4 en 1 fila" -- Spanish Title
- "1 alinhamento de 4" -- Portuguese Title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Tilt||Jan, 1983||2 out of 6||33|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.