DescriptionAs a pilot of the Earth Federation, the player has to rescue prisoners in orbiting confinement crystals, while avoiding the Empire's Pulsar warships attacks.
The starship is controlled using both joysticks. The left hand joystick controls the conventional space drive system. While in this drive system, the ship will move only to the limits of that specific screen. The right hand joystick controls the hyperspace drive system. When using this drive system, the ship will travel at a much higher speed, and it will side-scroll to the direction given. Flying toward the top or bottom of the screen will still make the ship travel to the position it is positioned toward. The action button in both joysticks controls the ship's laser cannon.
The Empire's Pulsar warships attack releasing drone mines. Any contact with either the warships or the drone mines will disintegrate the player's ship.
There are two possible variations to this game. In the attack mode, the laser cannon is active and the player score points as he destroys the enemy ships (5 points) or mines (1) and as he rescues the prisoners (20). In the evasion mode, the laser cannon is inactive, and the longer the player evades the Pulsar warships, the higher the score. Extra points (20) are given for each prisoner rescued.
The game can be played by one or two players. In two players mode, player two acts as a copilot, controlling the ship's hyperspace drive and cannon.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Vrijheidsstrijders" -- Dutch Title
- "Vapaustaistelijat" -- Finish Title
- "Rymdväktarna" -- Swedish Title
- "Os libertadores" -- Portuguese Title
- "Los libertadores" -- Spanish Title
- "Les Défenseurs de la Liberté!" -- Canadian French Title
- "Friheds forkæmper" -- Danish Title
- "Freiheitskämpfer" -- German Title
- "Freedom Fighters" -- UK Title
- "Defensores da Liberdade!" -- Brazilian Title
- "Combattenti della liberta" -- Italian Title
- "Combattants de la liberté" -- French Title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Tilt||Jan, 1983||5 out of 6||83|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Jan 27, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|The Video Game Critic||Jul 06, 2001||D+||33|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.