Three games are available in this compilation:
- Speedway! (selected by pressing "1") is a vertical scrolling racing game against the clock. The player controls the car with the joystick, pushing up to accelerate it (the longer, the faster), left and right to control direction and down to break.
The faster the car goes, the higher the score. Collisions halt the score, but not the clock. The player has two minutes to run, until the race ends.
There are two possible variations: (1) qualifying time trials and (2) the main event (opponent cars are twice faster).
- Spin-Out! (selected by pressing "2" for a three laps event or "3" for a 15 laps event) is a top-down circuit racing game. Two players race against each other for the amount of tracks selected. Four skill levels are available: clear track/slow speed, clear track/fast speed, barrier track/slow speed and barrier track/fast speed.
The car is controlled with the directional stick, and the action button doubles the car speed in straightaways. If the car collides against the wall or barriers, it can break or spin out, losing time. If two cars collide, one of them will spin out.
- Crypto-Logic! (selected by pressing "4") is a puzzle game. The object is to decipher a scrambled word entered by another player.
The word can have up to 14 letters. After entering the word or message, the first player presses the "Enter" key to scramble it. The other player has to guess the original word by typing the letters in the line below it. Letters placed in the right order will stay, wrong placed letters will be displayed for a short period of time and disappear. When the cryptogram is solved, the number of mistakes is displayed on screen.
- "Tidskørsel / Racerløb / Ordgætteleg" -- Danish Title
- "Speedway / Runabout / Angōkaidoku" -- Japanese Title
- "Race / Spinout / Cryptogram" -- UK Title
- "La Course Folle! / Tête-à-Queue! / Crypto-Logic!" -- Canadian French Title
- "Grand Prix +" -- Jopac release title
- "Fórmula 1! / Interlagos! / Crypto-Logic!" -- Brazilian Title
- "Course de Voitures / Autodrome / Cryptogramme" -- French Title
- "Corsa a Cronometro / Formula Uno / Crittogramma" -- Italian Title
- "Carrera / Gran Premio / Criptograma" -- Spanish Title
- "Bilracing / Stock-Car / Krypto" -- Swedish Title
- "Autorennen / Wirbelwind / Geheimschrift" -- German Title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
This entry was contributed by chirinea (31772)