missing cover art
DescriptionOdyssey's game card #4 is used to play three games: Cat and Mouse, Football and Haunted House.
In Cat and Mouse, two players chase each other in a maze, taking turns. At any one time, one will play the Mouse who's objective is to reach his home, while the other player plays the Cat who tries to catch the Mouse before that happens.
Football is probably the first rendition of American Football on videogame form. With the assistance of deck cards (provided with the game) you choose the moves (Pass, Kick or Run) and play them out on screen. Passing and Kicking require game card #3 to be inserted.
In Haunted House, one player will act as detective while the other plays as ghost. The objective of the detective is to gather the most Clue cards and find the hidden treasure in the mansion, while the objective of the ghost is to slow the detective down.
There are no Odyssey screenshots for this game.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Accompanying Odyssey gamesThese were two of the 12 games shipped with the original Odyssey system in 1972. They were Table Tennis, Ski, Simon Says, Tennis, Analogic, Hockey, Football, Cat and Mouse, Haunted House, Submarine, Roulette and States.
AccessoriesEach game includes two screen overlays, for different TV sizes. Also:
- Cat and Mouse includes sticker numbers to number the overlay grid's rows and columns.
- Football includes a field game board, a stadium scoreboard, football tokens, yardage markers, pass cards, 20 run cards, 10 kick off cards, 10 punt cards, and 6 play cards.
- Haunted House includes 30 clue cards, and 14 secret message cards.
Related Web Sites
- Games manual (The Odyssey's US manual with the games' instructions.)
- Information on Odyssey's original 12 games (Additional information and pictures of the accessories of Odyssey's original 12 games. )
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.