DescriptionOil Barons is a turn based strategy game for one to eight players. The object of the game is to accumulate the most wealth by locating and drilling for oil. During the game you will need to survey different lands ranging from the arctic to the desert for oil potential, choose the best sites and drill! Congress may pass bills from time to time which forbid drilling in parks and other reserved lands, which may or may not affect a players strategy. Several modes of gameplay are featured, including regular classic, reality mode (oil locations are more randomized at the beginning of the game, and costs are supposed to more closely resemble those in real life), and customized modes. Included with the game is a game board with a 50x40 grid of the landscapes you can drill in, and dozens of game pieces to keep track of which locations belong to a player and where oil has (or has not) been discovered. This makes Oil Barons resemble a board game, but with a computer to do the bookkeeping and add a random element instead of dice.
- "Oil Baron$" -- 16-Bit in-game title
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: game packaging digitalisations. Include box, manual, brochure, additional material.)
- Replacementdocs (C64, Manual) (Documentation for Commodore 64.)
- Replacementdocs (C64, Map) (Documentation for Commodore 64.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms.)