DescriptionThe Omega Stone extends the adventure experienced in its predecessor, Riddle of the Sphinx, in which players were left with the question, "Did Sir Geoffreys actually find the illusive Ark of the Covenant?"
The quest leads beyond Egypt to some of the world's most famous locations. Search and explore Chichen Itza, Stonehenge, Easter Island, and Bimini in the Devil's Triangle, all of which are reproduced with pre-rendered graphics or still photographic images.
The adventure is played from first-person perspective, in Myst style. The game features a point-and-click interface, atmospheric effects (rain, wind etc.), cutscenes with live actors and in-game animations, and many mysterious puzzles to solve.
- "Портал Времён. Загадка Сфинкса 2" -- Russian spelling
- "The Omega Stone: Rivages Oubliés " -- French title
- "The Omega Stone: El Enigma Olvidado" -- Spanish title
- "Riddle of the Sphinx 2" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
|Slightly better than the previous game ... but||Windows||Jeanne (75508)|
|GameSpot||Windows||Apr 01, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|GameZone||Windows||Mar 27, 2003||7.1 out of 10||71|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Windows||Apr 15, 2003||70|
|Macworld||Macintosh||Jul 26, 2004||70|
|UHS (Universal Hint System)||Windows||May 09, 2003||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Nov 04, 2003||13 out of 20||65|
|CanadianGamer||Windows||May 29, 2003||55 out of 100||55|
|Adventure Corner||Windows||Mar 30, 2004||52 out of 100||52|
|GameStar (Germany)||Windows||Jan, 2004||31 out of 100||31|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for The Omega Stone (If you need a nudge or two to solve the puzzles on your own, use these hints instead of a walkthrough to get you through the game.)
- TheOmegaStone.com (Official Web Site for The Omega Stone)
- The Omega Stone Stars You, the Intrepid Adventurer (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of The Omega Stone (March, 2004).)
- Walkthrough (Full solution for The Omega Stone)
- Walkthrough by Graham (Another excellent guide for The Omega Stone)