On The Ball is a soccer manager simulation that differentiates itself from the others by its novel emphasis on the psychological aspects of the game.
The game gives you, as team manager, full control over not just the strategies but even on what kind of "pep talk" you can give during half-time and PR moves to enhance public perception. Choose the host country, and lead your team from Qualification to World Cup in World Cup Edition and lead your English team to win the championship in League Edition.
- "On the Ball: League Edition" -- English Amiga Title
- "Carton Rouge: League Edition" -- French title
- "ANSTOSS" -- German title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
The first releases of this game were so bug-pested that there were more bugs than *working* features. Most subsequent Anstoss
games were released in the same state.
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 02/1994 – #2 Best Game in 1993 (Readers' Vote)
- Issue 02/1994 – Best Sports Game in 1993 (Readers' Vote)
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #56 and #79 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking