Overlord II, sequel to the critically acclaimed cult hit, sees the return of the chaotic Minions and their new Dark Master. Bigger, badder and more beautifully destructive, Overlord II has a Glorious Empire to smash, a massive Netherworld to revive, Minion mounts to mobilise, a trio of mistresses to woo, War Machines to crush opposition and lots of cute creatures to, err... murder (and a mini-map).
- Destroy or dominate: A brand new corruption system empowers you to enact your evil will through either domination or destruction. Play as a dominating Overlord and villages and people will fall under your command with rewards and benefits coming over time. Follow a destructive path, obliterating anything that stands in your way, and you'll become a demonic lord of chaos.
- For YOU, Master! It's the Minion horde versus the armies of the Glorious Empire army. Organized troops of more than 50 attack enemies in formation, led by Generals, against the wild, outrageous, horde mentality of Minions. Browns, Reds, Blues, and Greens return stronger, smarter, faster, badder, and funnier. Always on the chaotic side of organized anarchy, the Minions are smarter and deadlier in their skills than ever before. Their horde mentality is as wild and outrageous as ever and their loyalty to their Overlord has not changed -- they'll do anything and everything (and then a bit more) that's commanded of them, even if it's a Kamikaze mission.
- For ME, Master? In Overlord II, Minions mount up and ride wolves and other magical creatures around the landscape and take them into battle, making our band of merry fighters faster and fiercer than ever before. The Minions have also learned (just about) the covert art of disguise and the ability to work together to operate war machines. With the addition of the Minion Graveyard in your Netherworld palace, you can now resurrect fallen Minions and keep them throughout the campaign.
- Playing for laughs: Written by award-winning games writer Rhianna Pratchett, Overlord II puts the laughter into slaughter and continues the trademark humor, playing on the mischievous physical comedy of the Minions' antics with a sprinkling of parody for good measure.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15615) on Sep 26, 2010.
Destroy or dominate your way through a twisted fantasy world, with an army of crazed minions at your command.
- Destroy or Dominate - explore two paths to rule the world
- Control your Own Personal Minion Horde, responding violently to your every command.
- Written by award winning games writer Rhianna Pratchett
Taking theme of be evil or really evil to terrific new heights of tyranny, Overlord II empowers you with forces of destruction and domination with which to carve out a new path of malevolence through the world.
And, if the Minions have anything to do with it, that path will no doubt be strewn with the beaten bodies of terminally cute animals and littered with the remains of hippy elves...
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15615) on May 18, 2010.