DescriptionPAIN allows players to put a character into an urban environment to create as much chaos as possible. Launched from a human-sized slingshot, the player's character needs to complete specific goals or inflict as much damage as possible by stringing together painful collisions, similar to Truck Dismount and Stair Dismount. After setting the power and rotation, the player can steer their ragdoll through the environment (a force called Ooch in the game), similar to the way post-crashes are handled in the Burnout series. The game's environment is set in a downtown area and six different game modes are available with the initial release.
- Mime Toss (grab a mime in mid-air and hurl the the silent artiste through a number of panes)
- PAINdemonium (sandbox gameplay)
- Spank The Monkey (target monkeys to take them out)
- Bowling (up to four players bowl themselves while the other players can throw mimes, anvils, explosives or cereal in his path)
- Fun With Explosives (target crates strategically to cause big explosions)
- HORSE (launch a powerful shot to cause a maximum amount of damage, the other player has to do better)
There are no PlayStation 3 screenshots for this game.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Game Chronicles||Dec 26, 2007||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Wham! gaming||Dec 13, 2007||7.3 out of 10||73|
|PSX Extreme||Dec 30, 2007||7.2 out of 10||72|
|Gamer.nl||Jan 08, 2008||7 out of 10||70|
|Thunderbolt Games||Mar 29, 2008||7 out of 10||70|
|IGN||Nov 30, 2007||6.8 out of 10||68|
|Extreme Gamer||Jan 24, 2008||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Apr 11, 2008||13 out of 20||65|
|The A.V. Club||Dec 31, 2007||C||50|
|Gamestyle||Jun 30, 2008||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesPain appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Game issues upon initial releaseLess than a day after the release, it was removed from the PlayStation Store due to issues with the game, where some characters could not be loaded.
Related Web Sites