DescriptionThis is mostly the parody of Gradius (Nemesis on some systems), with some flavor from other shoot-em-ups, like Twinbee. The series is available on numerous platforms.
The game is a right-to-left scrolling shoot-em-up. You can choose from 4 different flying creatures, with different weapons. You must finish 7 stages, each having a boss at the end. You may start at either one, but must complete every level to advance to the final stage.
- "パロディウスだ! 神話からお笑いへ" -- Japanese SNES spelling
- "Parodius: Non-Sense Fantasy" -- European SNES title
- "Parodius Da!" -- Alternate title
- "Parodius 1" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Video Game Den||TurboGrafx-16||Jul 16, 2010||100|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Game Boy||May, 1991||10.8 out of 12||90|
|Power Play||SNES||Sep, 1992||90 out of 100||90|
|Megablast||TurboGrafx-16||1992||87 out of 100||87|
|Video Games||Game Boy||May, 1992||87 out of 100||87|
|Power Play||Game Boy||Jul, 1991||85 out of 100||85|
|Play Time||NES||Oct, 1992||80 out of 100||80|
|Power Play||Arcade||Aug, 1990||4 out of 5||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||SNES||Sep 29, 2009||16 out of 20||80|
|Video Game Den||NES||Jul 26, 2010||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Isn't the MSX version a different game?||2||Terok Nor (22051)
Nov 19, 2010
European versionThere are a few changes in the European SNES version:
- During the intro, a cigarette was removed
- In the Japanese version, the clown enemies in stage two have a Christian cross. This was changed to a wind-up key.
- A background picture of a naked woman in level three, a parody of The Birth of Venus, was removed.
- The licking animations of the stage three bosses were removed.
- The bunny costumes and ears of female enemies in stage seven were removed.
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1993 – #2 Best SNES Game in 1992
- Issue 02/1993 – #2 Best Handheld Game in 1992