DescriptionPax Imperia is a turn-based science fiction space empire game playable by up to sixteen human players. Noteworthy elements of gameplay aside from the usual fare for games of its ilk (i.e. starship combat and exploration, colony-building, economics, etc.) include:
- Species customization with such features as specifiable atmosphere type (oxygen, nitrogen, carbon or hydrogen), temperature range and tolerance, and four percentile-rated attributes -- curiosity, efficiency, reproduction, and aggression.
- Detailed ship and ship systems design.
- Detailed personnel management for your ministers/advisers (including selecting from a pool of candidates with varying attributes, attitudes and loyalty à la Koei's strategy games, such as the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series).
- Separate development and management of up to nine distinct regions of each planet.
- Planetary surface operations (primarily raids, assaults and even the landing of hostile colonists into specific planetary regions of enemy-controlled planets).
- Migration between planetary regions (even by another player's colonists, leading to Migration Wars!).
- Five different mineral resources grouped into scientifically-valid categories (Ferrites, Pyrrites, Silicates, Crystals, and Radiants) to find, mine and trade with other space civilizations.
- Starships organized into and moved as fleets, not individual ships.
- Espionage options that include bribing or assassinating enemy minister.
- Detailed custom research (tech design) in which individual attributes of developed ship systems can customized (e.g. a dynamic range/accuracy graph for weapons).
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
Part of the Following Groups
|Great ideas, almost great execution||Maury Markowitz (231)|
|Power Play||Nov, 1993||83 out of 100||83|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||May, 1994||80|
|High Score||May, 1994||2 out of 5||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.