Karnov (PC Booter)

2.5
Written by  :  Indra was here (19085)
Written on  :  Oct 17, 2003
Platform  :  PC Booter

read more reviews by Indra was here

Summary

Someone said something about a 2nd disk?

The Good

Now, Karnov is not a name you hear very often. Unless you've heard of this circus dude who throws fireballs for a living (in this story). Which is a strange choice for the hero of the game...any game for that matter.

Well, anyway I do recall being totally addicted to this game. There were a lot of bonuses/ power-ups that you HAD to not miss. Love those power-ups. Sound effects were kinda crappy, but whadya expect from PC speakers. The graphics were alright...though one would expect better...considering other games at that time, but not so much a hassle to effect the overall game play.

Takes a lot of trial and error to find all those power-ups. Was worth it though.

The Bad

Someone said something about a 2nd disk?

It turns out, after I reach this Dinosaur boss and kick the prehistoric age outta him (or was it before that), suddenly it says "please insert disk 2". Disk 2? What disk 2? I don't have a disk 2! Well, I got the game from my friend, he didn't have it. No one I knew had it. That's the first time (and only time) I got a "incomplete game". Strange...come to think of it.

The Bottom Line

A platform classic, obviously.