DescriptionRace by yourself against the clock or compete with other motocross riders on 5 tracks full of long straights, large jumps and obstacles to win the Excitebike championship.
Create your own tracks by placing jumps and obstacles of all different sizes and shapes on the track and choosing how many laps each race will have, then race against the clock or other riders to see how your track fares in competition.
- "Excitebike-e" -- e-Reader title
- "Excite Bike" -- Brazilian title
- "エキサイトバイク" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Classic NES / Famicom Mini / NES Classics releases
- e-Reader series
- Excite series
- Nintendo's programmable series
There are no reviews for the PC-88 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Nintendo 3DSOn June 6th, 2011, an enhanced remake of Excitebike was released as a download on the 3DS. Listed as "3D Classics: Excitebike" it's the first of a series of 3-D enhanced classic games to be released on the Nintendo 3DS's eShop. The game is largely identical to the classic NES Excitebike with the addition of enhanced 3-D graphics designed to update the game to take advantage of the 3DS's strengths. It is notable in that it marked the inaugural launch of the 3DS eShop as a free download the first month of it's release.
Once again, players are able to create their own tracks, but unlike the original NES release, players can now save their homemade tracks--up to 32 total, with the game keeping track of records of each track.
- Game Informer
- August 2001 (Issue 100) - #44 in the Top 100 Games of All Time poll
Related Web Sites
- Video review of NES accessories (WARNING: Laguage) -- The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews some NES accessories and some associated games, including the Roll & Rocker and Exitebike on NES.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.