DescriptionThe War of the Lance is over, the dragon armies have been defeated. But evil has not left Krynn. In northeastern Ansalon, outposts of the Knights of Solamnia remain to guard the fragile peace. Your party of adventurers is hired to carry out missions for the Knights. On your first mission, you stumble upon Draconians, long believed to have left the area. What are their plans? On your travels you have to face dangers in many dungeons and towns and might even meet some of the legendary Heroes of the Lance.
Champions of Krynn is the first of SSI's "gold box" games set in the AD&D world of Dragonlance, with all the usual features: first-person view and movement in dungeons, towns and outposts, overland travel on a map of the area and tactical turn-based combat from a top-down perspective.
As the first game set in Krynn, it has several features unique to that setting: In character races, one can choose from Kender, Silvanesti or Qualinesti Elves and Mountain or Hill Dwarves in addition to humans and half-elves. Special character classes include Solamnic Knights, clerics of the major deities of Krynn and mages of either the Red or the White Robe. The deities grant special spells and powers to their respective clerics. Red and White mages have access to different spells and the phases of the moons of Krynn affect their spellcasting abilities.
- "克萊恩英豪" -- Chinese spelling (Traditional)
Part of the Following Groups
- Dragonlance / Krynn series
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Dragonlance
- Dungeons & Dragons (D&D / AD&D) licensees
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Automatic leveling
- Games with manual lookup copy protection
- Gold Box series
There are no reviews for the PC-98 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Fully localized German version?||4||Trypticon (10734)
Sep 26, 2015
Cover artThe game box's cover features a painting by artist Keith Parkinson (heavily inspired by René Magritte's 1959 painting Le Château des Pyrénées), earlier used as the front cover to Tracy Hickman and Michael S. Dobson's 1984 RPG module "Dragons of Desolation".
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #9 Least Rewarding Ending of All Time
Related Web Sites
- Champions of Krynn - FAQs & Guides (Walkthroughs and facts on GameFaqs.com)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: high quality game packaging digitalisations. Include box, manual, brochure, additional material.)
- DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS (Statistics page of compatibility with original DOS version.)
- Hall of Light (For Amiga: game database entry; digitalised manuals; game packaging; screenshots; additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For C64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Lemon Amiga (For Amiga: game database entry; magazine reviews; music; manual; additional material.)
- Replacementdocs (Amiga, Quick Reference Card) (Documentation for Amiga.)
- Replacementdocs (PC, Adventurers Journal) (Documentation for DOS/Windows.)
- Replacementdocs (PC, Cluebook) (Documentation for DOS/Windows.)
- Replacementdocs (PC, Manual) (Documentation for PC (DOS/Windows).)
- Replacementdocs (PC, Quick Reference Card) (Documentation for DOS/Windows.)
- Walkthrough (Andrew Lai's walkthrough on Gamers Grand Central)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.