ShadowCaster Ad Blurbs (PC-98)
missing cover art
Advertising BlurbsOrigin's website:
You are Kirt, last survivor of a noble race of shape-shifters. The furious pace never falters as you fly, swim and run through indoor and outdoor environments including dungeons, caverns, castles, mines, volcanoes and aquatic caves. You alter shape at will, with each of six forms unleashing new powers and revealing new vulnerabilities in your quest to find and destroy the murderer of your people. Like all CD-ROM Classics, Shadowcaster includes a complete printed installation guide, with all the original documentation on disk, complete with a text reader that allows you to view documents on-screen or print them out for your own use.
- Lowest price ever!
- Easy-to-learn play mechanics allow you to concentrate on the combat and visual puzzles that lead to success ¾ while avoiding the drudgery of tracking an inventory, memorizing spells or taking extensive notes.
- Change into six different forms ¾ each with its own abilities, strengths, weaknesses and weapons.
- Encounter a wide variety of enemy creatures ¾ the form you take helps determine your ability to defeat them.
- Travel through indoor and outdoor environments featuring outstanding 3-D art, animations and texture maps from a first-person perspective.
- Automapping makes it easy to keep track of your progress.
- Printed install guide with all the original docs available on disk, for on-screen viewing or printing.
- Complete with Adobe Acrobat text reading/printing software.
- Computers: IBM-PC 386SX+ or 100% compatible system
- Sound Devices: Sound Blaster, Ad Lib, MPU-401 interface General MIDI or 100% compatible
- Graphics Supported: 256-color VGA
- RAM and HD Storage Requirements: 2 megs RAM; 8 megs hard drive space (DoubleSpace disk compression supported)
- Playing Time: 25+ hours
Contributed by jean-louis (24881) on Jul 21, 2015.
As the ShadowCaster, you take on many forms in the battle for survival. You're the resourceful human adventurer, the fierce, six-limbed cat, the versatile, flying dragon and others. But change comes at a price. In one form, you're quick and agile, but small and fragile. In another, you're a nearly indestructible giant, but ponderous and slow. You alter shapes at will - and each new form unleashes new powers...and reveals new vulnerabilities.
Contributed by jean-louis (24881) on May 29, 2015.
Morph At Will
Each of your six metaforms (feline, floating eye, gremlin, frogman, flame lizard, and terramental) unleashes new powers and reveals new weaknesses. Fascinating shapeshifting technology morphs you from human to metaform and back before your eyes.
Replay the adventure in a number of different ways, based on the morphform you select at any given time.
The Pace Never Falters
Fly, swim, and run indoors and out, through dungeons, caverns, castles, mines, volcanoes, and underwater caves.
Immerse yourself in a combat and puzzles -- no mapping, spell memorization or anything that might slow the breakneck speed of this surging adventure.
CD-Enhanced Sights And Sounds
Submerge yourself in the most outstanding 3-D animations and texture maps in any point-of-view game -- only possible with CD-ROM.
Battle the latest formidable creatures in two challenging new levels of electrical excitement -- where even the walls are watching you!
Enjoy the heightened experience of fully digitized speech and an even richer tapestry of sound than before!
Contributed by Trixter (8781) on Dec 08, 1999.