DescriptionPerimeter is the self-appointed rebirth of the Real Time Strategy genre. It employs three innovations to the genre to set it apart from all other RTS games.
For one, you will only be able to command five squads of three types of 'specialists' - Soldiers, Officers and Technicians - which are able to morph into different units, if the squad composition matches the requirements for that type of unit.
You also have the ability to terraform the landscape around you, raising hills or excavating valleys to zero level, where you may then build structures.
Finally, the feature that gives the game its title, you are able to set up an impenetrable shield - perimeter - that renders anything in its radius invulnerable as long as that shield is up. It will drain your energy (the game's only resource) very quickly, so you must use it sparingly if you wish to survive.
Perimeter is an RTS game that redefines the formula, with more emphasis on Strategy than Micromanagement.
- "太空堡垒" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Периметр" -- Russian spelling
- "Perimeter: Real Time Strategy Reborn" -- Tag-lined title
- "Perimeter: Le renouveau de la stratégie temps réel" -- French tag-lined title (BestSellers re-release)
- "Perimeter: La stratégie à l'état pur" -- French tag-lined title (Joystick Magazine release)
- "Perimeter: Die Wiedergeburt der Echtzeit-Strategie" -- German tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|PC Gamer UK||May 26, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|PGNx Media||Aug 02, 2004||8.6 out of 10||86|
|Armchair Empire, The||Jul, 2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|GameSpot||Jun 29, 2004||8.2 out of 10||82|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Jun, 2004||80 out of 100||80|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jun, 2004||75 out of 100||75|
|1UP||Jul 08, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Game Informer Magazine||Jul, 2004||6.75 out of 10||68|
|Jeuxvideo.com||May 17, 2004||13 out of 20||65|
|Digital Entertainment News (den)||Sep 23, 2004||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
GraphicsThe engine treats the landscape as a pseudo-voxel (full voxel effects being used in games like Outcast), meaning that it will be able to be sculpted on the fly. It is made of one million polygons at any time.
- 2004 – Best PC Innovation of the Year
- Russian Computer Game Developers Conference KRI
- 2003 - Best Technology
- 2004 - Best PC Game
- 2004 - Best Game Design
Producer, Game Concept, Game Universe, Lead Scenarist: