Not an American user?
DescriptionAfter crashing on a strange unexplored planet, Captain Olimar must gather the thirty missing parts of his space ship, before his life support runs out in thirty days and he succumbs to the planet hostile atmosphere. Luckily the Pikmin, a plant/insect life form native to the planet, are there to help him. Olimar must gather and lead the Pikmin in this real time strategy game to collect the missing pieces of his ship while combating the planet's strange and sometimes hostile flora and fauna.
- "皮克敏" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Pikumin" -- Japanese title
- "ピクミン" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|A great title to start off your GameCube collection||GameCube||bowser724 (26)|
|Another Homerun from the master Shigeru Miyamoto!!||GameCube||Oblio (109)|
|Colorful Puzzle/strategy Hybrid that Must be Played!||GameCube||Weston Wedding (54)|
|A truely great revolution of a game.||GameCube||Bob the Stickman (290)|
The Press Says
|GamesFirst!||GameCube||Jan 15, 2002||100|
|N-Europe||GameCube||Nov 05, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|GamesCollection||GameCube||Mar 18, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|Netjak||GameCube||Jan 04, 2002||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Nintendo Spin||GameCube||Apr 25, 2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gamereactor (Sweden)||GameCube||May 08, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|Silicon-Fusion.com||GameCube||Jun 20, 2002||80|
|JeuxActu||Wii||Feb 11, 2009||14 out of 20||70|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Wii||Jan 28, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|4Players.de||Wii||Feb 11, 2009||65 out of 100||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DiscAt the start of a day the game dumps the information for that day onto the GameCube's internal memory. Therefore the game-disc can be removed without interrupting gameplay until the day ends.
- Captain Olimar's spaceship is named Dolphin. "Dolphin" was Nintendo's project name for the GameCube.
- If you break down the name of Captain Olimar into component Japanese letters, o-ri-ma, you'll notice it is "Mario" backwards.
- Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
- 2001 - Innovation in Console Gaming Award
- 2001 – Ga,eCube Game of the Year
Related Web Sites