DescriptionPlayhouse Disney's The Book of Pooh: A Story Without a Tail is based on a Disney television series that is in turn based on characters created by the author A. A. Milne. The characters in the game are animated to resemble the Bunraku puppetry style of the series.
As the game begins, Pooh and his friends are gathered in the Hundred Acre Wood discussing the fine-ness of the day when Eeyore announces he has lost his tail. The friends quickly offer to help him find it, and the player can select any of five characters to set off on a search. Each set of searches soon leads to an activity:
- Bounce with Tigger - bounce Tigger through an apple tree to knock down matching letter apples; Piglet moves back and forth to catch the falling apples. Tigger and Piglet add together the caught and fallen apples after the tree is emptied
- Pooh's Alphabet Stream - Pooh and Eeyore set Christopher Robin's toy boat afloat; move it back and forth to "catch" objects and their starting letters as it sails downstream
- Rabbit's Kitchen - select from a cookie cookbook at Rabbit's house; follow recipe measurements and then decorate the treat
- Sing a Song with Kessie - Kessie is looking for the right words to finish her songs; select the correct items from her description
- Piglet's Short Stories - Eeyore and Piglet come across The Book of Pooh; choose from 12 stories to read and listen to and click on stickers to automatically fill in the illustrations
As in Playhouse Disney's: Stanley Tiger Tales, the developer utilizes Disney's "Whole Child Curriculum," seeking to cover social, motor, life, thinking, and self-expression skills as well as academic.
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Bears / Pandas
- Inspiration: TV cartoons
- Playhouse Disney series
- Walt Disney games
- Winnie the Pooh games
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|7Wolf Magazine||Windows||Jan 13, 2003||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.