DescriptionAfter PC (2011) and Xbox (2014) releases, World of Tanks got ported to PlayStation 4 platform. The full game is free to download and play and does not require PlayStation Plus subscription, only a PSN account to download it and play it online.
The game features over 350 different tanks from five different classes (light tank, medium tank, heavy tank, tank destroyer, and artillery) and seven nations (USA, Germany, UK, USSR, France, Japan, and China) and supports 30-player online mode pitting 15 against 15 players. PlayStation 4 release features new content that was not previously available on PC or Xbox 360/One releases, some of which include custom maps, custom tanks, and custom vehicle skins.
The launch for PlayStation 4 platform, however, started with around 130 tanks from only three nations (USA, Germany, and USSR) with the rest being gradually added. Beta exclusive US tanks which can be found in one's Garage include T1E6-PS with elite camouflage and M22 Locust-PS adorned with a color scheme of the original PlayStation console. PlayStation Plus subscribers will additionally get access to an exclusive German premium tank, Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J PS adorned with a unique darkened camouflage featuring a "pinup girl" livery.
Launch release also features these two time-exclusive multiplayer maps:
- Skorpion Pass - set in North Africa during WWII, at the time of release this is the largest map created for the game
- Ruinberg - set in war-torn European town better suited for urban warfare, with fields that allow for outmaneuvering enemy tanks
- Console version doesn't have separate download releases per regions and during startup player can connect to either US, European, or Asian server. This in turn also means the same Hall of Fame ladder on the Internet features all players independent on the region (while PC one has different for Europe, US, etc.).
- When creating Platoon to play with other players on the same team, console version supports up to 5 players in a platoon, while PC only 3 (PC, does however, include an option to create a platoon during actual gameplay by prompting another player to join your platoon).
- PC version allows upgrade of individual tank element (turret, caterpillar, cannon, engine, and radio) while console version has pre-set packages that are researched and purchased which include several of those elements at once and don't offer individual element upgrade.
- While PC version relies on keyboard and allows players to type to their platoon, team, or even enemy players, console version relies on a bunch of pre-set messages (some of which are also available on PC version), the chat is available in both version though there are differences.
- Console version has only 1 crewman per tank, while on PC version that is branched out into driver, loader, gunner, etc., and the number of crew depends on the type of tank. Also, not all crew are compatible with all vehicle types, while on console version vehicle type doesn't matter, only nationality (i.e. German crewman can only be assigned to a German tank).
- Aiming at enemy tank on a console version outlines the tank based on where you're aiming at, telling you how big of a chance is for penetration of that area if you land a successful hit, while PC version just generally outlines a tank in green and doesn't show you whether you're bullet will bounce off or if you have a chance to penetrate its armor.
- Aiming an artillery on PC just shows a trajectory line, but on console it shows the time that bullet will travel to that place which can be as high as 3-4 seconds on larger distances which plays a huge factor when enemy tank isn't completely static.
Part of the Following Groups
- Tank: Ferdinand
- Tank: Hummel
- Tank: IS
- Tank: Jagdpanther
- Tank: Jagdpanzer 38
- Tank: Jagdpanzer IV
- Tank: Jagdtiger
- Tank: Leichttraktor
- Tank: M10 Wolverine
- Tank: M24 Chaffee
- Tank: M3 Lee
- Tank: M4 Sherman
- Tank: M5 Stuart
- Tank: Marder II
- Tank: Panzerjäger I
- Tank: Pz.Kpfw. 35(t)
- Tank: Pz.Kpfw. I
- Tank: Pz.Kpfw. II
- Tank: Pz.Kpfw. III
- Tank: Pz.Kpfw. IV
- Tank: Pz.Kpfw. V Panther
- Tank: StuG III
- Tank: SU-76
- Tank: SU-85
- Tank: T-28
- Tank: T-34
- Tank: T-46
- Tank: T-50
- Tank: Tiger I
- Tank: Tiger II
- World of ... series
- World of Tanks series
There are no reviews for this game.
|Nivelul2||Mar 08, 2016||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Feb 09, 2016||14 out of 20||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- World of Tanks (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.