Captain Commando (PlayStation)

4.4
Written by  :  Simon Koetsier (422)
Written on  :  Jun 02, 2011
Platform  :  PlayStation

read more reviews by Simon Koetsier

Summary

My all time favourite.

The Good

The game has a pretty much average story about saving the world by choosing one of the four characters before playing, which are Captain Commando, Jennety, Sho and Baby Head all with different moves. It is played in an arcade style where you have to deal with numerous enemies as well as bosses which will always appear at the end of the stage.

Captain Commando has a total of nine stages with different locations as you progress the game. As my summary suggests, this game is one of the best arcades I have ever played. It's fun, enjoyable, addicting and has a two player function, so you can play through the stages with a friend and additional character. The controls are very responsive to pull some combo's, and you will get used to it the more you play the game.

The Bad

As it was released in 1998 for the Playstation, the graphics look very dated. But they are still decent and smooth for the first generation consoles. There isn't very much variation in types of enemies, so the same ones might appear on the next stage as well.

The Bottom Line

Despite the graphics and it's release date, Captain Commando is an enjoyable action game with an addicting 2 player support. As a big fan of fighting games I would recommend Captain Commando for all the Playstation owners who like beat 'm up and fighting games.