Clock Tower (PlayStation)

Written by  :  leon101 (63)
Written on  :  Feb 15, 2005
Platform  :  PlayStation
Rating  :  4.17 Stars4.17 Stars4.17 Stars4.17 Stars4.17 Stars

read more reviews by leon101

Summary

BEST...ADVENTURE...GAME...EVER...EVER!!!!

The Good

Freaking everything! The presentation is great, the graphics while, not perfect, do set the mood, the music is catchy, and the sounds creepy and awesome. Scissorman is like the best evil villain around in a video game, the game is incredibly scary, without the huge amounts of blood and gore, don't get me wrong there is blood and gore in it, but not a whole lot. The controls couldn't be any simpler, use the directional pad to move the mouse, and the X-button to select stuff on the screen, so easy, even your little sister could do it. There is excellent re-play value, there are 10 endings, 5 for Jennifer, and 5 for Helen, there is 3 secondary characters to play as, Gotts, Nolan, and Barton for the prologue, plus scissorman is random, so you never know what he is up to next, my favorite thing about it.

The Bad

Well, there is one thing... VOICE ACTING! The voice acting is horrid, it is badly done, and to make matters even worst, there is barley even any in the game, only for certain moments, key moments, other moments your just reading big subtitles, but that isn't that bad, now is it.

The Bottom Line

This is the best adventure game you could ever play on the playstation, it may be slow paced at times, (the way I like it) but it is a really fun game, don't miss out!