Less than 60 games needed to complete our goal of 1,500 documented Arcade titles!

Dino Crisis (PlayStation)

Written by  :  Jamie Hall (5)
Written on  :  Dec 14, 2004
Platform  :  PlayStation

read more reviews by Jamie Hall

Summary

Cool. I was drooling when it landed on my bedroom desk.

The Good

I love the polygon graphics. It's a bit old-skool, but I like it nonetheless. The dinosaurs were as lifelike as possible, the ending scenes are incredible (Especially Ricks) and the T-Rex shows up everywhere you don't want it to - perfect. Lovely Jubbly. THE perfect game for crisis situation fanatics. Perfectionists, won't like it, but still, it's brilliant.

The Bad

I didn't like the fact that you couldn't change the camera angle in each room, which meant taking down the entire roost of dinosaurs was particularly hard. I didn't like the patheticity of the compies.. They might be better if they could do some damage, but then again, they ARE good stress balls. Live ones at that. I didn't really like the walk-with-weapon-raised ability, either. You can only walk with that in play, and when you fire, Regina stops dead. Not good at all.

The Bottom Line

Ugh. Very good, I recommend that you play it when you're in a good mood, though. When you die, and you're in a bad mood, you're likely to wreck the Playstation, therefore no oonger being able to take stress out on Compies. Over-all, a very pretty and well made little gem. My fave game.