Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring (PlayStation)

Written by  :  Franky Lueck (2)
Written on  :  Oct 18, 2003
Platform  :  PlayStation
Rating  :  3.33 Stars3.33 Stars3.33 Stars3.33 Stars3.33 Stars

read more reviews by Franky Lueck

Summary

Good game. Great characters!

The Good

Wow, where to start, this game is great! If you liked the final fantasy series and are a die-hard Square fan, you'll love this. And whats great about this game is that it works for all you fighter fanatics. In the tournament mode your fighting your way through a tournament to try and obtain a sword which is goes to the victor. There are separate endings for each character and there are quite a few characters and special goodies that are unlockable, and when you get bored of the fighting why not try the fun little RPG this game has? It's fun and quite realistic. eg. you need to eat food regularly because your character will get hungry. Once you finish both modes why not take on a friend? This game is fun and I recommend it.

The Bad

The only real big drawback to this game is that it is EXTREMELY short. When you go through the tournament mode it gets very repetitive and the ending sequences are very brief (I'm talking 10 seconds brief).The characters moves mostly are the same, but to pull of some of the ultimate moves get kinda difficult.

The Bottom Line

This is a fun game in versus or squaring off against the CPU, and for RPG fans the RPG. I would give it a try if your a fighter fan or RPG fan, I give this game 2 thumbs up! (probably about 7/10)