Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation)

Written by  :  OlSkool_Gamer (99)
Written on  :  Jan 06, 2004
Platform  :  PlayStation

read more reviews by OlSkool_Gamer

Summary

A heap of repetitive garbage from Square again....

The Good

Not very much, I don't think I like anything about this game. In fact, it was a waste of the electricity used to power my PlayStation.

The Bad

Everything. Talk about a completely laughable weapon system, my circle of RPG friends agreed that the weapons and armor system in this game took a big dump. I personally don't find it very interesting or original to have a combat revolver built in to my sword and be stuck with it.

The battle system boring, left you pressing X over and over during the battle while messing around on the computer until the battle was over.

No sense of rewards in this game because it was so easy, you basically watch movies and walk through the entire game. Did I even die once? I don't think so.

Remember when RPGs weren't all about eye candy and how many polygons are being rendered during battles? I vaguely do, this game doesn't help remind me at all.

This game flat out sucks, don't buy it or even play it. Its no mystery how Squaresoft pumps out so many of these Final Fantasies these days, they put about 10 minutes of thought in to em and flood the video game market right afterwards. There hasn't been a good Final Fantasy since the US Final Fantasy 3.

The Bottom Line

A complete waste of time. Insomniacs should play this. They'll be in a coma soon after.