Hogs of War (PlayStation)

Teen
Written by  :  kvitkanin (59)
Written on  :  Apr 18, 2003
Platform  :  PlayStation

read more reviews by kvitkanin

Summary

A real blast!

The Good

Hogs of War was a lot of fun to play. Sure, it's kind of short lived and sure it's unlikely that you'll play it again once you've finished it, but some games are meant to be like that. The theme (World War I), the weapons, the simple gameplay, the hogs themselves.. well, they all got mixed together and out came a game that's just a hoot to play. I can definetly recommend this game for kids of all ages (and even more so if it has been released as a budget title).

The Bad

I honestly haven't got alot of bad things to say about this game. Some might find it too short, some too repetetive and some might have no sense of humor (or atleast not my sense of humor). Personally, I found Hogs of War to be just about right.

The Bottom Line

Well, basically, HOW plays somewhat like Tank Wars (think back, way back), ie. you lob shots at your opponent. But thankfully, the years have passed and technology has advanced. Seriously unlike Tank Wars, Hogs of War thus has a decent 3D engine which means you get things like nicely animated hogs, lush battlefields with plenty of terrain to hide behind and the occasional river to drown in. As if that wasn't enough, you also get different kinds of hogs (medic, sniper..) with different kinds of weapons (bazooka, sniper rifle..) and equipment (jet pack, first aid kit..).