missing cover art
DescriptionJewels of the Oracle is a stationary puzzle game with no real story line or plot. A total of 24 ingenious puzzles must be solved, each independent of the others. Most of them can be played in two difficulty levels (Easy or Hard), and the Oracle provides clues to help along the way.
The graphics for the puzzles are designed in an Egyptian or Mesopotamian style. Music plays in the background to provide atmosphere, but it can be turned off, if it gets repetitive. The basic layout is a hexagon around an Oracle's well. There are three doors on the outside of the hexagon, and the first one is where you begin the game. In each room is a puzzle you have to solve to get a jewel which must be taken back to the Oracle's well.
The puzzles in this game can be compared to those found in The 7th Guest. The Chinese Checkers puzzle in Shivers rivals many of the ones contained in Jewels of the Oracle.
There are no PlayStation user screenshots for this game.
There are 31 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "オラクルの宝石" -- Japanese spelling
- "Oracle no Hōseki" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Balmoral's (Puzzle Solutions for Jewels of the Oracle)
- Jewels of the Oracle Hint File (Provides nudges to help you solve the many puzzles yourself. Final solutions are included.)
- Jewels of the Oracle - The JAVE (Information about the game on The JAVE)
- Zarf's Mini-Review (A brief, concise review of Jewels of the Oracle by Andrew Plotkin (March, 1995).)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.