DescriptionYears after the Reploid Wars, all seems peaceful in the world. But peace was not meant to last forever. When the "Eurasia" space colony is attacked by an unknown virus, the call goes out! X and Zero are called back into action to help destroy the colony, which is now on a collision course with Earth, and is expected to collide into the planet in only 16 hours! At the same time, Sigma, the archenemy of the Maverick Hunters, shows up again...
Mega Man X5 retains the gameplay style of the previous games, adding new features such as advanced Maverick AI, bigger and more challenging stages, and new gameplay elements: ducking and swinging on vines and ropes.
- "洛克人X5" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "Rockman X5" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
|What the hell happened here!!??||Satoshi Kunsai (2091)|
|GamePro (US)||Jan 26, 2001||5 out of 5||100|
|IGN||Feb 02, 2001||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Game Revolution||Feb, 2001||B||75|
|GameSpot||Feb 08, 2001||7.1 out of 10||71|
|Game Informer Magazine||Feb, 2001||7 out of 10||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Aug 27, 2001||14 out of 20||70|
|Gamekult||Feb 24, 2001||7 out of 10||70|
|All Game Guide||2001||60|
|PSM||Feb, 2001||5 out of 10||50|
|Random Access||Oct 31, 2014||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MusicThe stage theme for Tidal Whale is a remix of Bubble Crab's stage theme from Mega Man X2.
- Capcom U.S.A. renamed the Mavericks in Mega Man X5 and named them after the musicians in the band Guns 'N Roses. Here are the American names of the Mavericks (proper names in parentheses): Grizzly Slash (Crescent Grizzly), Squid Adler (Bolt Kraken), Izzy Glow (Shining Firefly), Duff McWhalen (Tidal Whale), The Skivver (Spiral Pegasus), Axel the Red (Spiked Rosered), Dark Dizzy (Dark Necrobat), and Mattrex (Burn Dinorex)..
- X's Gaea Armor comes with a rather amusing Giga Attack: X copies Chun-Li's Street Fighter Zero Super Combo, Kikoushou, as his Giga Attack.
Version differencesAs with Mega Man 8 and Mega Man X4, the opening and ending song were changed from the Japanese version of the game. The opening theme in the Japanese version was a song called "Don't Make A Monkey Out of Me", which was performed by Japanese punk band Mosquito-Milk. The opening theme in the American version is simply the same music as played on the title screen.
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Mega Man X5 (Information about Mega Man X5 at Wikipedia)