DescriptionSaikou no Partner (最高の相棒) is the second Detective Conan game for PlayStation console. The game features three separate episodes (third one becomes available after clearing the first two which can be played in any order) where you play as Shinichi Kudou (aka Conan Edogawa) trying to uncover the mystery and use your deductive skills and reasoning to point to the perpetrator. The game features full voice acting and characters are moderately animated during dialogues, and all that is aided with actual anime cutscenes which feels like watching an actual episode from the series, only this time doing a bit more than just watching. Each of the episode also lets you select whether the subtitles should use kanji or only hiragana.
The basic gameplay boils down to:
- Dialogues -- During key dialogues with other characters, text will turn blue when you have a chance to gain a clue. By pressing the right button, you can perform so-called "detective action" which will give you more information about your point of interest and provide you with a clue in your investigation. This will effectively raise your AP percentage bar which displays points of achievement for the current scenario. In turn, it will add reasoning chips to Reasoning Mode in the menu.
- Movement -- Conan moves in 3rd-person perspective. You can go to check various locations in search for clues with mini-map showing your current location.
- Examining -- By clicking next to the objects of interest, they will appear on the screen where you can use magnifying glass to look at suspicious elements in more detail.
- Mini-games -- By successfully clearing mini-games you can obtain clues that will aid you in your investigation.
- Reasoning -- With collected Reasoning Chips awarded by obtaining various clues during your investigation, you can try and put it all together and present a final solution to the case.
- Rou Tejinashi to Tramp no Nazo (老手品師とトランプの謎) -- Accompanied by Conan's old friend who knows his true identity, the inventor Hiroshi Agasa, Conan and his classmates, Ayumi, Mitsuhiko and Genta, as well as Ai Haibara, the woman in same situation as Conan, arrive at the amusement park in order to see twin baby-pandas, just open to the public. While watching for their turn, they encounter an incident at the magician's performance where after a mysterious phone call, the cards fall out of magician's and into Conan's hands. Whatever rattled his cage and whoever was the person on the other side of the line is not going to go unnoticed and unquestioned by Conan and his league of junior school detectives.
- Kamen Kishi Satsujinjiken (仮面騎士殺人事件) -- Ran, Sonoko, and Conan arrive at the opening of a new theater. The musical program was playing a love story. However, second act never opened. Instead, a scream from backstage flew through the air. The stage actor was murdered, with a knife, no less. Conan is yet again to put his mind to the task and unmask the killer.
- Saikou no Partner (最高の相棒) -- Participants of a TV show called "Reasoning Colosseum: Snow Country Steam Murder Case", along with the staff, were sharing express train to Aomori with none other than renowned private investigator Mouri Kogorou and his daughter (Shinichi's girlfriend) Ran. But on the location of the show, the actual murder was done on board the train. Now it's up to Mouri to use his reasoning and find out who the culprit is. This episode becomes available only after clearing the other two.
There are no promo images for this game
- "名探偵コナン 最高の相棒" -- Japanese spelling
- "名探偵コナン 最高のパートナー" -- Japanese (furigana) spelling
- "Detective Conan: "The Best Partner"" -- Official English title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Meitantei Conan: Saikō no Partner (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.