DescriptionThis is an adaptation of the Monopoly board game for home consoles and computers, completely reproducing all aspects of gameplay. Player movements can be presented as 3D animations, but those can be optionally turned off for those who don't want to see animations. There can be up to 6 players at once, and it can be played over the Internet on those platforms which support such connections. Some versions have music in MIDI format, with WAV sound effects. Roll dice, spin around the board, and don't forget to have fun as you pass GO!
- "モノポリー" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Board game translations
- Genre: Board game - Monopoly
- PlayStation Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
|A mediocre port of a great game||Xa4 (274)||unrated|
The Press Says
|PSX Extreme||Feb, 1998||85 out of 100||85|
|Absolute Playstation||Jan, 1998||80 out of 100||80|
|Game Revolution||Jun 04, 2004||B||75|
|Gamezilla||1998||73 out of 100||73|
|GameSpot||Dec 17, 1997||4.2 out of 10||42|
|All Game Guide||1998||40|
|IGN||Jan 23, 1998||3 out of 10||30|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SoundtrackThe Sega Master System version (others might, too) of this game uses the classical music piece The Entertainer, composed by Scott Joplin, for the theme song.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #113 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #15 Top Sleeper Of All Time
Related Web Sites
- Howard & Nester do Monopoly (A regular feature in Nintendo Power magazine, Howard & Nester was a comic strip about two game whizzes who would one-up each other, while disclosing hints and tips, in the settings of various recently-released games for the NES platform. In Volume 24's installment, Howard teaches Nester the shifting value of a Get Out of Jail Free card.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.