Mortal Kombat 4 Ad Blurbs (PlayStation)
Advertising BlurbsBack of Box - Windows (US):
- Seven new characters.
- Head to Head Kombat for two players.
- More than 9 3D arenas.
- Each warrior has a unique weapon that can be dropped, picked up or stolen.
- Five different towers to climb, each with increasing difficulty.
- Options menu allows player to customize game play.
INTRODUCING NEWLY FORGED WEAPONS THAT WILL SLASH AND BLUDGEON BEYOND IMAGINATION!
Contributed by Zaibatsu (4071) on Jul 30, 2012.
- REAL WEAPON KOMBAT! Characters can pull out weapons that can be thrown, dropped, or even picked up by your opponent and used against you.
- INTERACTIVE BACKGROUNDS: Objects in the background can be picked up and thrown at your opponents.
- SECRETS AND KODES: Mortal Kombat 4 is packed with hidden characters, kodes and other features that aren't even in the arcade game!
- 3D FATALITIES: Watch as brand new and classic fatalities take on a completely different meaning in 3 dimensions!
- 3D GAMEPLAY: Characters can now move in 3D to dodge projectiles or pick up weapons.
A NEW DIMENSION OF KOMBAT.Shao Kahn has been defeated at the hands of Earth's warriors, and now Shinnok has escaped to his confines in the Netherealm. The war has resumed once again. This time, the battle CAN be won by mortals!
Contributed by Joshua J. Slone (4676) on Jun 05, 2007.
Mortal Kombat fans can shake, rattle and roll as Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage and 13 more of their favorite kombatants in Mortal Kombat 4, a crimson-colored free-for-all that well deserves its M rating.
This bulked-up (128 megabit) port of the arcade hit is MK to the bone, complete with a daunting combo system, plenty of fatalities and eye-popping gore that would make Wes Craven blush. Mortal Kombat 4 sports smooth animation, impressive light-sourcing -- especially in projectile attacks -- and spectacular fatalities. If anything, the play control is even better than in the arcades.
Eurocomm took advantage of the N64's processing power to give MK4 true 3D action, including an intelligent camera that gives you the most dramatic view of the mayhem, zooming in for signature and finishing moves. You'll be able to take up -- and off -- arms as Goro, an unplayable boss in the arcades, and Meat, a hidden character.
You can sidestep attacks with the Control Stick or Control Pad. Kombatants can pick up and throw skulls, spiked balls and other fun objects littering the eight arenas.
In one-player mode, MK4 offers five different ladders, ranging from Novice to Master II. Conquering the field wins you a short cinematic sequence, complete with excellent voice samples. Each playable character has a unique sequence. You can also kombat with a komrade, thanks to two-player mode and tag-team options.
Kombatants returning from previous Nintendo games include Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero, Sonya, Raiden, Scorpion, Liu Kang, Reptile and Jax. Shinnok, Quan Chi and Fujin -- the "Wind God" -- return from Mortal Kombat Mythologies, 1997's side-scrolling adventure. Jarek, Tanya, Reiko and Kai have never appeared on a home system.
With its reponsive control, scintillating graphics and first-rate sound, Mortal Kombat 4 is easily the best Mortal Kombat yet.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (65759) on May 13, 2005.
That which calls the warriors summons the vultures.
Forget every gruesome battle you have ever waged. Introducing Mortal Kombat 4 with newly forged weapons that will slash and bludgeon beyond imagination. And a total 3D environment that will take your senses to dizzying new heights.
Darkness is calling.
Contributed by lugnut (383) on Apr 28, 2004.