PaRappa the Rapper (PlayStation)

Written by  :  Indra is here (19792)
Written on  :  Jan 12, 2004
Platform  :  PlayStation

read more reviews by Indra is here

Summary

(Jamaican Accent) "So, you wanna learn to rap, man?"

The Good

Hehehe. You just can't help but smile when you play this little beautie. PaRappa The Rapper is a work of genius probably just based on the fact that they made great lyrics - that and the fact that this someone actually came up with the insane idea to create a "karaoke" kind of game to the playstaton console.

Not that I would even go near anything that remotely resembles "karaoke", but this game is trully one of a kind.

The game concept is simple enough, know what and when to press. Timing is everything...even a deaf guy could play this game...although that's missing the whole point of the game. Each level has a "masta rappa" that teaches you the basics. After each lyric, you mimic the same lines by pressing the mentioned buttons. To fast or to slow means you failed. One needs to be one with "Da Rhythm" to play this game.

The graphics are quite...odd. In a good way, everyone is basically a moving "paper character"...which makes it a cool but odd looking cartoon kinda game.

It's amazing to thing that this game has better lyrics that most of those low-life rap songs in the streets today...

The Bad

Other than the fact that sometimes my brain has trouble communicating with my ears and my fingers at the same time, the bad stuff are entirely on my part...hehe

The Bottom Line

Against my better judgement, I would totally recommend this game...(it's better to have an audience while playing)