Perfect Weapon (PlayStation)

1.8
Written by  :  Kyle Levesque (329)
Written on  :  Sep 13, 2009
Platform  :  PlayStation
Rating  :  2.25 Stars2.25 Stars2.25 Stars2.25 Stars2.25 Stars

read more reviews by Kyle Levesque

Summary

Has to played to be believed.

The Good

I still boot up this game on occassion, just for a laugh. The most fun is convincing others to play it for the first time, it's actually funnier to get a reaction from this than from "2 Girls 1 Cup". Another wonderful (and creepy) thing about this game is that the "Screaming" sound effect from when you kill a humanoid monster is used all the time in movies and TV. My guess is that it is from a generic "Sound Effect" CD and still gets used. My brother and I lose it when we hear it and start laughing and pointing. It usually shows up when someone gets thrown out of a window.

The Bad

Almost everything. From the intro-movie that doesn't make much sense at all, to the ridiculous difficulty, to the repetitiveness of the gameplay... To be quite honest, you only need one move to beat absolutely everything. Anytime you try to shake things up by using other moves you just get hurt. And then you are constantly slowly dying anyway, so you can't afford that. The controls are very hard to get used to, and are sometimes hugely unresponsive. In a game that relies on gameplay as opposed to story, you do not want this.

The Bottom Line

If you see this game for rent (not likely), or sale at a rental place that's finally getting rid of old PS1 titles (this is how I got ahold of it), get it. You will be able to lend it/sell it/ for more than you bought it for. There's a certain sense of pride in owning not only a bad game, but THE WORST game.