Moby Poll: What kind of game collector are you?

Perfect Weapon (PlayStation)

1.8
Written by  :  Snake Plane (3)
Written on  :  Sep 07, 2006
Platform  :  PlayStation

read more reviews by Snake Plane

Summary

Perfectly awful

The Good

Turning the game off was the only thing I liked.

The Bad

Absolutely everything was horrid. The graphics are terrible even for the era. The prerendered cutscenes look like a high school student's first attempt at 3D modeling and animations. The frequent camera cuts during gameplay makes it unplayable. The back cover claimed it had the "FIRST and ONLY Behavioral Artificial Intelligence" (whatever that means), but it may be the only time it was used because it worked so poorly. Moving the player character is like trying to use semaphore to direct a drunk captain to parallel park a 200 foot yacht. On top of that, the player constantly loses hit points because the "atmosphere is poisonous". The English language has no words that can adequate express the magnitude of frustration that this game provides.

The Bottom Line

A friend told me this game was the worst game ever. I didn't believe him. I've played plenty of real stinkers, so I found it hard to believe that THIS could be the worst, so out of morbid curiosity, I decided to give it a try. After playing it for a few minutes, I could bear no more. This truly is the worst game ever! I've played many awful games since, but nothing that can recreate the horror of trying to play Perfect Weapon.