Resident Evil 2 (PlayStation)

Written by  :  Kate Jones (454)
Written on  :  Nov 21, 2001

read more reviews by Kate Jones

Summary

A less-than-okay game

The Good

It's nice in the way RE1 was nice, it's similar to Alone in the Dark :-)

The Bad

At every aspect RE1 was bad RE2 is worse. The storyline is... well, beyond horrible. It's impossible to describe in words how much I hate the storyline, it seems to be contain every cliche possible. I'd personally like to rank this game series as one of the games with worst storyline list (although I think Final Fantasy barely beats it). The voice acting is still bad, though not as horrible as the prequel. The puzzles have actually become more simple and boring. It can now be better called an action game since basically all you do is fighting and fighting. And the combat is far more dull this time, in the prequel you actually had a challenge since ammo and health was scarce. In this game you can happily walk forward blasting everything in sight with no worries.

The Bottom Line

If you force me... I'll perhaps say that the game is enjoyable to play through once. It's a short experience, and there's *some* good points, the game still sort of has that AitD feeling and... er... yeah, it's got nice music too. Those weirdos who enjoyed the prequel a lot will probably enjoy this game as well, but everyone else should just look in another direction, or if you're totally bored borrow the game from a friend complete it in a few hours and toss it away.